Community Oversight Committee
This information is also available on the We Are Ferndale website Bond Oversight Committee web page.
Meeting Notices and Agendas
April 18, 2019: Community Oversight Committee Meeting Agenda
School District News Releases
May 15, 2019:
April 18, 2019
March 26, 2019
March 21, 2019:
Who are the members of the Community Oversight Committee?
- Riley Cornelsen
- Anya Milton
- Bo Smith
- Dan Cornelsen
- Adam Rustad
- Sandi McMillan
- Mark Harting
What requirements were used to choose the Community Oversight Committee?
- No fewer than 5, no more than 9 members
- Duration: Extent of the Ferndale School District bond spending
- Must be a Ferndale School District resident
- Cannot be a current FSD employee, board member, vendor, contractor, or consultant
- Cannot be a current City of Ferndale employee or consultant
- Experienced individuals in a range of professions specific to the 2018 bond projects list (building design/construction, project management, accounting, real estate, finance, education, etc.)
- Good standing and reputation in the community for fairness and transparency
- Active community members
- Number of meetings = 3-6 meetings/year
What are the Community Oversight Committee responsibilities?
The committee responsibilities are to make sure the projects are delivered:
- On Time, ensuring projects are completed according to schedule.
- On Budget, ensuring projects stay on track financially.
- As Promised, ensuring projects match the commitments the District made to taxpayers.
- With Transparency, ensuring all information is regularly shared with the community.