Vista Middle School
6051 Vista Drive
P.O. Box 1328
Ferndale, WA 98248-1328
Principal: Heather Leighton
Assistant Principal: Joel Francik
Vista Middle School, built in 1970, serves 625 students in grades 6-8. An auxiliary gymnasium, computer lab and 10 additional classrooms were added to the original structure in 1994. It was named by Washington State and the U.S. Department of Education as a School of Excellence in 1989.
- #2 pencils - 1 doz
- Blue or Black Pens
- Pencil Pouch if not included with binder- 1
- Correcting pen (red) - 2
- Colored pencils – 1 pkg
- Glue Stick - 2
- Lined, white, College Ruled paper – 2 pkgs
- 3 ring binder (2”) - 1
- 1 fine tipped black Sharpie
- Highlighter - 3
- Subject dividers with index tabs – 1 set
- Spiral Bound notebook
- Black Composition Notebook for Science
- Black Quad Ruled Composition Notebook for Math
- 1 Ream of Plain Copy Paper
- USB 8 GB Thumb Drive
- Earbuds for use with Student Tablet (Optional)
- Computer Mouse for use with Student Tablet (Optional)
- PE Attire – Tied Athletic Shoes and Comfortable Shoes
Vista Vikings Helpful Tips
Attendance: It is very important students are at school every day and on time. Please call the office at 383-9370, if your student is sick or has an emergency and cannot attend school that day.
Cell Phones: Please remind your student that cell phones may only be used before and after school. Cell phone should be turned off and secured in their backpacks during unauthorized times. We are not responsible for lost or stolen electronics. If a student violates the cell phone policy it will be taken to the office and we will call a parent to pick it up.
Hats: Hats may be worn daily. Bean style knitted hats or baseball hats are acceptable and must be school appropriate with no gang, drug or alcohol words or symbols. Hats are not to be a distraction in the classroom.
Bus Passes: Students must provide a written note from a parent in order to receive a bus pass to ride another bus.
Picking up your student early: Please come to the office to sign your student out if you are picking them up during the school day.
Tablets: Students will be issued tablets during the first week of school once their technology agreement has been signed on Skyward Family Access
Lockers: Lockers will be issued during the first week of school during the students Advisory Class
Student Meal Prices:
Students in free and reduced breakfast and lunch programs will need to complete a new free/reduced application within 30 days of the start of the school year. These forms are available online or in the office. Students can make deposits to their lunch account in the mornings before school or during lunch every day or parents can apply lunch money through meals online on the Ferndale School District website.
Reduced Breakfast $0.00
Reduced Lunch $0.40
Standard Breakfast $1.75
Standard Lunch $3.25
Sports Information for 7th & 8th Grade:
Season 1: (August 30th – October 23th)
*Football Practice will start on August 28th at 3:00pm all other fall sports Cross Country, Fastpitch, & Boys Soccer will start on September 2nd
Season 2: (October 23rd – December 18th)
Girls & Boys Basketball
Season 3: (January 22nd – March 18th)
Volleyball and Wrestling
Season 4: (March 19th – May 20th)
Girls Soccer and Track
- As schedules become available they are posted to the school district website www.ferndale.wednet.edu
- There is an activity bus provided afterschool Monday through Thursday for students participating in after school activities
- Sports Eligibility forms are available on the Vista Website www.ferndale.wednet.edu/?q=vista/sports
- Practices are from 2:30 - 4:30 every day with Friday practices being optional due to no activity bus.