If you live in the Ferndale School District and want to attend one of our schools other than the school to which your child is assigned based on address, an Internal Transfer form must be filled out and submitted to the district office located at 6041 Vista Drive in Ferndale.
- RENEWALS: If you are attending a Ferndale school on an approved Intra-District transfer and want to renew your request for the 2019-20 school year, please complete a Ferndale School District Internal Transfer form and submit it to the district office located at 6041 Vista Drive in Ferndale. (Internal Transfer form)
- NEW REQUESTS: If this is a new transfer request to attend a Ferndale school other than the one your child is assigned, please complete a Ferndale School District Internal Transfer form and submit it to our district office located at 6041 Vista Drive in Ferndale. You may be asked to provide additional information if your child has not previously attended in our district. (Internal Transfer form)
- We will accept early applications for both new and renewal transfers beginning now through March 22, 2019. Renewal applications submitted during this time will receive a response no later than the week of June 3.
- For new requests, we will make every effort to notify parents of the status of their transfer by June 29, but no later than early August.
- For both new and renewal transfers, Kindergarten and sixth grade requests may not know acceptance status until early August.
If you have questions about this process, please call our Teaching and Learning office at 360.383.9210.