If you live outside of the Ferndale School District but want your child to attend our schools, a Choice Transfer form must be filled out and submitted to your resident school district for release of your child to attend school in a different district.  If you are not sure what district you live in, please check the following websites:

Whatcom County Assessor’s Website:

Whatcom County Assessor's Site

Great Schools – What School District Are you In?:

Great Schools Boundaries

Application Process:
  • RENEWALS:  If you are currently attending Ferndale School District on an approved Choice Transfer and want to renew your request for the 2020-21 school year, please submit a Ferndale School District Choice Transfer Form to your resident school district office.

    Choice Transfer Form (PDF) 
  • ​​​​NEW REQUESTS:  If this is a new transfer request to attend Ferndale schools, please complete the Ferndale School District Choice Transfer form and send via e-mail to or send it via regular mail to P.O. Box 698, Ferndale, WA 98248.  Please include the supporting documentation listed below:
    • Attendance and Discipline report from your resident district for the 2019-20 school year.
    • Current transcript or report card from your resident district for the 2019-20 school year.
    • Special Education: Current IEP (Individual Education Plan) and SPS Special Education Addendum if applicable

If you have questions about this process, please reach out via e-mail to or leave a voicemail at 360.383.9210.