If you live outside of the Ferndale School District but want your child to attend our schools, a Choice Transfer form must be filled out and submitted to your resident school district for release of your child to attend school in a different district. If you are not sure what district you live in, please check the following websites:
Whatcom County Assessor’s Website:
Great Schools – What School District Are you In?:
- RENEWALS: If you are currently attending Ferndale School District on an approved Choice Transfer and want to renew your request for the 2019-20 school year, please submit a Ferndale School District Choice Transfer Form to your resident school district office (Choice Transfer form).
- NEW REQUESTS: If this is a new transfer request to attend Ferndale schools, please complete the Ferndale School District Choice Transfer form (Choice Transfer form) and submit it to our district office located at 6041 Vista Drive in Ferndale along with the supporting documentation listed below:
- Attendance and Discipline report from your resident district for the 2018-19 school year.
- Current transcript or report card from your resident district for the 2018-19 school year.
- Special Education: Current IEP (Individual Education Plan) and SPS Special Education Addendum if applicable
Transfer requests continue to be reviewed at this time and will continue to be processed over the summer weeks.
If you have questions about this process, please call our Teaching and Learning office at 360.383.9210.