Support for Self-Care
Your physical and emotional safety is incredibly important to prioritize right now. Please explore the following documents for ideas on how to ensure both you and your family take care of YOURSELF right now….this will greatly impact your ability to maintain positive relationships and focus during this difficult time. Please reach out to any school staff members if you are needing extra support.
Please visit your child's school counseling webpage for additional resources.
Managing Post-Election Stress
- UW's 2020 Election Support Series – Ways to Practice Resilience
- PBS Kids: How to Talk to Children About Politics (article)
- Teaching for Change: Social Justice Books for Children, Young Adults (YA) and Educators (booklist)
- Social and Cultural Literacy Resources for Classrooms
- Talking to Children about Traumatic Events
Strategies for Success - Managing Your Child's Big Emotions
Put on by Ferndale Elementary Counselors
Feeling ALL the feels?! So are our students. We can help!
Topics covered in this webinar:
- What students, families and teachers are experiencing right now
- Stress reduction strategies
- Counselor resources available to you and your children this school year
- Open Q&A time
We care about your student’s wellness! Each Wednesday, our elementary counselors provide a lesson focused on self-care, social/emotional health and coping skills. If you or your child have missed a lesson, please click this link to see all videos together. These are great to watch and discuss together!