Please use the resources below to learn more about the online curriculum used by Ferndale School District during remote learning.
Please continue to check back for more information.
Parent/Family Training Resources
- How to Set Up A Learning Space
- How to Go to Class
- How to View Announcements
- How to Turn in Assignments
- How to Check Grades
- How to use PDFs in Windows
- How to use PDFs on Mac
- How to use PDFs in Chromebook
- How to use PDFs on Android
- How to Contact the Teacher
- How to use a Discussion Board
- How to Complete a Course
- Signing in to Google Classroom for the 1st time
- A basic tour of a general classroom structure
- Accepting Invites to All Classes
- How to view assignments and turn them in #1
- How to view assignments and turn them in #2
- Accessing teacher help
- Turning in Google Forms
- Links to Get Directly into Student Work
- Using Kami to do Your Work on the Screen
- Google Classroom App-Installing & Logging In
- Google Classroom App-Tour & Notification Settings
- Khan Academy Assignments
"How to" Resources:
- Please also visit our Learning Management System Webpage at this link.
LMS 101 Series:
The Learning Management Systems 1.0 series includes professional development offerings focused on both Canvas (used in Ferndale in grades 6-12) and Google Classrooms (used in Ferndale in grades K-5). The offerings can be accessed for registration at this link. They are offered in live and on-demand formats. There is no cost for registration.
Family & Community Distance Learning Resources:
Washington’s Association of Educational Service Districts (AESD) has made available resources for supporting families and communities in distance learning. Topics include creating an at-home learning system, supporting like a coach, and encouraging a growth mindset. Learn more