Elementary Supply Information
We have had a number of questions about school supplies. The Ferndale School District, due to the failed levy last spring, unfortunately will be providing fewer school supplies than in past years. We would ask that families purchase the following basic items for the 2020-21 school year. Students can use them at home during distance learning, then keep them in their backpacks for use at school and home when we are able to transition back to some form of in-person learning.
- Writing utensils- pencils, pens, and paper (loose-leaf or bound notebooks)
- Crayons and/or colored markers
- Dry erase markers and a small white board, if possible (you can place a white sheet of paper inside a transparent sleeve to create an inexpensive white board for home use)
- Glue sticks
- Some type of home organization system (such as bins, boxes, or folders, to keep materials organized at home)
- Backpack to transport supplies and student work once in-person learning begins
- Headphones or earbuds for student device (optional)
If any additional materials are needed, your child’s teacher will communicate that to you when school begins.