Note: This web page announcement has been updated on 3/20/20 to add Beach Elementary as an eighth distribution site.
The Ferndale School District is announcing food distribution per Governor Inslee and Superintendent Reykdal’s request that schools continue nutritional services during this unprecedented school closure. Information has been distributed directly to families through email, phone call, social media and the Ferndale School District website.
Who is eligible?
Meals are for all Ferndale School District students.
What days and times are meals being served?
Beginning on Friday, March 20, meals will be served on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Where do I go to pick up meals for my students?
- Ferndale High School
- Central Elementary School
- Horizon/Eagleridge Campus
- Custer Elementary School
- Skyline Elementary School
- Cascadia Elementary School
- North Bellingham Learning Center
- Beach Elementary School
Do I need to pick up meals at my student’s regular school location?
No. Families can go to whatever location is most convenient.
Do students need to be present with a parent to receive food?
We encourage students to be present with parents for distribution.
What will be included in each meal?
- Breakfast will include an entrée, milk, fruit and/or juice. Lunch will include a sandwich, fruit or juice, vegetable and milk.
- The Monday pickup will include lunch for Monday, breakfast and lunch for Tuesday, and breakfast for Wednesday.
- The Wednesday pickup will include lunch for Wednesday, breakfast and lunch for Thursday, and breakfast for Friday.
- The Friday pickup will include lunch for Friday and breakfast for Monday.
- There will be a flyer with every meal letting families know what foods are included (for allergy concerns). It will also state that food should be consumed or refrigerated within 2 hours.
Delivery Question Added 3/19/20:
I am unable to travel to one of the food distribution sites. Is there a way I my family can get meals if we need them?
Our transportation staff will deliver meals to families who need them but may not be able to travel to one of our distribution sites. If you need meals delivered for your student, please call 360-383-9236.