The following letter from Director of Accounting and Nutrition Services Holly Graham explains important information about changes to school meal online payments and management. A copy of this letter is available in PDF format and is being sent to families via the mail as well.
With the district's food services moving in-house beginning this school year, Skyward Family Access is the new home for school meals online payments and management. For additional information about the Ferndale School District Child Nutrition Department, please view the Child Nutrition webpage or call 360-383-9340.
A Message from the Ferndale School District Child Nutrition Department:
We recently announced that school meals in Ferndale will be managed by an in-house team beginning with the 2019-2020 school year, which means a change in online meal payment and management. The people who prep and serve meals in Ferndale are not changing. But, there is new information we want to make sure you know:
- Skyward Family Access for Online Payment. We have created a streamlined process for managing your student’s school meal account through Skyward. This letter provides instructions for accessing your student’s school meal account. Skyward Family Access now allows families to access Food Service, pre-pay for meals and make online payments on balances. Payments can be made with a credit or debit card, conveniently, safely, and securely. A 3.6% convenience fee applies to all online transactions. Keep reading for Skyward instructions.
- Cash/Check Onsite. Meals can also be purchased onsite at any of our school cafeterias with cash or a check.
- Student Activity. Skyward Family Access enables you to view your student’s account activity, including onsite payments, current balance, and a detailed history of meal and food purchase items (meal statement), beginning in September 2019.
- Healthy Options. We are working toward an increased focus on scratch-cooked meals with local ingredients. We will keep you in the loop as we roll out new options and encourage you to provide feedback as we do so.
Easy Steps for Use of Skyward Food Service:
- Sign onto your Skyward Family Access account.
- Select “Food Service” from the options bar on the left side of the page.
- Select the “Make a Payment” button under one of your students.
- You will be directed to a separate payment screen. (Note: The first time you use this feature you will need to create an account in the credit card processing software, RevTrak, and then once your account is created, you’ll need to verify the account by re-entering your Skyward user name and password. This is a one-time step)
- Select the amount you’d like to pay (you can choose one of the prefilled amounts or enter another dollar amount of your choice.
- Enter your credit card information and submit.
- Payments/deposits to student accounts will not be reflected on your student’s meal account until 8:00 PM each evening.
I am proud to be leading a great team and thank you in advance for your support as we roll out this change.
If I can answer questions of be of service to you, please reach out.
Director of Accounting and Nutrition Services