There are still spots available for students to participate in this year’s district Winter Ride Program, which offers school-based transportation to the Mt. Baker Ski Area for an eight-week period.
Remaining spots on the ski bus are confirmed on a first come, first serve basis once enrollment forms and payments are received. Students grades 6 through 12 in the district are eligible to participate in the program.
The program begins Saturday January 5, 2019. To sign up, please turn in the enrollment forms and payment to Kathy Stepro at Horizon Middle School in the main office. Cost of the program is $145, please make payments to Horizon ASB.
For more information, please view the following documents:
Winter Ride Program Details:
- Participants in the program must live within the district. Student sign up and pay are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The program takes place for eight weeks and is open to eligible students in grades 6 through 12.
- It is advised to complete the Winter Ride Program Enrollment Form as soon as possible to best ensure a spot on the bus.
- Enrollment forms can be returned to Kathy Stepro at Horizon Middle School.
- The district schedules only full buses to take students to the Mt. Baker Ski Area. Student fees pay transportation costs. Thus, when students sign up for Winter Ride, it does not automatically guarantee the bus. It will be dependent on how many sign-ups the district receives to fill a bus.
- Fees may be paid with cash or check.
For more information:
Winter Ride Program Coordinator Mary Keigley, 360.734.7793, firstname.lastname@example.org