It's time to sign up for the district's Winter Ride Program, which offers school-based transportation to the Mt. Baker Ski Area.
A mandatory informational meeting (for parents, guardians and students) is scheduled for Thursday, November 8 from 6 pm to 7 pm at Horizon Middle School which is located at 2671 Thornton Road.
Winter Ride Program Details:
- Participants in the program must live within the district. Student sign up and pay are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The program takes place for eight weeks and is open to eligible students in grades 6 through 12.
- It is advised to complete the Winter Ride Program Enrollment Form as soon as possible to best ensure a spot on the bus. Enrollment forms collected before the mandatory meeting will be compiled in the order in which registration is received for payment at the mandatory meeting.
- Enrollment forms can be returned to Kathy Roblee-Stepro at Horizon Middle School.
- The district schedules only full buses to take students to the Mt. Baker Ski Area. Student fees pay transportation costs. Thus, when students sign up for Winter Ride, it does not automatically guarantee the bus. It will be dependent on how many sign-ups the district receives to fill a bus.
- All official paperwork will be available at the meeting. Fees may be paid with cash or check.
For more information, please view the following documents:
For more information:
Winter Ride Program Coordinator Mary Keigley, 360.734.7793, email@example.com