A message from the Windward High School ASB—
As we head into Windward’s final months, the ASB wants to bring together current and former WHS staff and students for a family reunion to celebrate 14 amazing years of learning, commiunity, leadership, and creativity.
To that end, they have planned Saturday, April 21 in two parts that seek to highlight two major tenets of Windward’s existence—service and sharing community: a service project with NSEA and the Blow Out, Glow Out, Move Out 2.0.
Please note: Families are welcome to join in on the service project, but the evening event is limited to current and former Windward staff and students.
NSEA SERVICE PROJECT-- 9:00 am-12:00 pm
NSEA has been one of our community partners from the very beginning, with almost every Windward student planting trees or doing some other Community Service Day activity with NSEA. We invite you to honor their commitment to Windward and the local salmon habitat by participating in their Earth Day Potting Party.
* Parking @ Heritage Bank (2504 E. Bakerview Rd.)
* Tools, gloves, and snacks provided
* All ages welcome (Volunteers under age 18 must bring a
completed Liability Release Form--on the NSEA website.)
* First 200 people get a limited edition NSEA t-shirt
* Food/Games/Raffle Prizes/Live Music
BLOW OUT, GLOW OUT, MOVE OUT 2.0 -- 4:30-8:30 pm
Modeled after an event held when Windward moved from its original building to a space at Ferndale High School, this promises to be a fun evening of sharing community with new and old friends.
* Windward High School campus (5275 Northwest Ave.)
* Wear neon and/or Windward gear
* Potluck Dinner (drinks and table service provided)
A-H: Main Dish
I-P: Side Dish
* Sharing memories
* Dance (DJ Jimmy Cafarella, parent of two WHS alumni!)
* Merchandise Table: WHS gear, OHP books, yearbooks
Please share this information with all current and former Windward High Schools staff and students. We can't wait to see everyone!
For more information:
Windward High School Principal Kim Hawes, 360.383.9289, email@example.com
Director of Communications Tammy Bengen, 360.383.9207, firstname.lastname@example.org