Ferndale School District will ask the community to consider an Education Programs and Operations levy renewal in the February 13, 2024 election
This four-year levy renewal ensures our staff and schools have access to the resources they need to provide our students with the best education possible.
This February, Ferndale School District is asking the community to consider renewing the Education Programs and Operations levy. This levy supports critical day-to-day operations of the district and provides students access to the technology, programs, and staffing they need to succeed.
The February levy renews an expiring levy that was previously passed in February 2022. It is not a new levy. It maintains our current tax rate and ensures continued access to the funding that supports every Ferndale student.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a school levy?
- Why do we need levies?
- What will the levy fund?
- What will the levy cost?
- Are levies the same as bonds?
- Didn't we already pass a levy?
- Does voting "yes" for the levy mean other services lose funding?
- Why is the levy on the February ballot, and not November?
- Can schools just get grants for what they need?
- Are levies a permanent tax?
- If my home's value increases, will the school levy tax also increase?