Substitute in the District
Substitutes are an important part of our family of dedicated educators. We employ substitutes for a variety of positions, both certificated and classified. Substituting offers the flexibility to choose when and where you want to work, and oftentimes substitutes are hired into contracted positions when they come available.
Join our team and become part of our family! To apply, visit our Employment page and utilize our FastTrack online application system:
Our Certificated Substitute Handbook provides important information for Substitute Teachers:
Substitute Rates 2018/2019
- Certificated Teacher – $135.00 per day
- Para Educator – $16.67 per hour
- Food Service Worker – $15.39 per hour
- Administrative Assistant – $17.99 per hour
- Nurse - $25.92 per hour
- Bus Driver – $20.46 per hour (FSD reimburses Bus Driver substitutes for costs incurred with obtaining their CDL, fingerprinting, and DOT physicals)
- Custodian – $19.40 per hour (Custodial substitutes receive 3 days of paid training)
Ferndale utilizes an online Substitute program called Substitute Online. To access the Substitute Online System log on to Substituteonline.com
Your User Name is your Last Name. Your Password will be provided to you by the district Substitute Coordinator upon hire. When you Select District, ensure you select WA Ferndale SD (WA).