Class of 2019 Graduation Information
Information about Ferndale High School graduation events
The information outlined on this page has been sent to families of 12th graders via Skyward on a Microsoft Sway newsletter.
Click on the following accordion items for more information about each category. With any questions or for more information, please call the Ferndale High School Main Office at 360-383-9240.
- Wed, May 15, Eagle Time: SR DECLARATION DAY - Cafeteria (Wear College Gear)
- Wed, May 15, Eagle Time: HIGH SCHOOL & BEYOND PLANS DUE – State Graduation Requirement
- Thur, May 16, 7:00pm: SWING CHOIR PERFORMANCE – Auditorium
- Tue, May 21: ALL LIBRARY BOOKS DUE - Before 2:30pm or there will be fines
- Tue, May 21, 5:30pm-7:30pm: NATIVE AMERICAN SENIOR RECOGNITION –Silver Reef
- Wed, May 22, 7:00pm: SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT – Auditorium
- Thur, May 23, 7:00pm: FHS BAND CONCERT – Auditorium
- Tue, May 28, 7:00pm: OUTSTANDING SENIORS RECOGNIZED BY THE SCHOOL BOARD – FHS Library
- Wed, May 29, 10:00am: SENIOR CLASS MEETING – Auditorium Mandatory for those participating in graduation.
- Fri, May 31: Laptop Check-in – Auditorium foyer
- Mon, June 3: Final Review, 5th - 8th
- Tue, June 4: Final Review, 1st - 4th
- Tue, June 4, 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Latino Senior Recognition – Ferndale Event Center
- Wed, June 5: Finals, 5th - 8th
- Thur, June 6: Finals, 1st - 4th
- Thur, June 6: TEXTBOOKS DUE before 2:30pm – Or as soon as you have completed your final exam or finished your last assignment. If not returned there will be a fine.
- Thur, June 6: LOCKERS before 3:00pm – Anything found in the lockers after that time will be removed and given to charity.
- Fri, June 7:
- Grad practice 8:00 10:30
- Grad walk 11:00 – 1:00 High School, Elementary School, and Middle School
- – If you plan on participating in Commencement, you must attend. If you have conflicts, see Mrs. Rolie or Mr. Rodriguez.
- Fri, June 7: ALL FINES & FEES ARE DUE – If you have a fine for materials or equipment, used, damaged or lost class or library books, you must take care of this BEFORE 3:00pm June 3nd. If you do not clear fines, you will NOT be given a diploma and transcripts will be held.
- Sat, June 8, 11:00am: COMMENCEMENT – Civic Field. Seniors meet at 10:15am dressed and ready to go in caps and gowns
- Friday, June 21: ALL FINES MUST BE PAID – By noon to Mrs. Howard in the ASB Office or diplomas and transcripts will NOT be sent to Colleges. ASB Office hours are 8:00am to 3:00 pm.
- June 24 – 27: Pick up diplomas from Mrs. Tilton: 7:15- 3:45 p.m.in main office
We will hold graduation practice the last day of school. This will take us approximately
two hours and we will do our best to make it a smooth process.
Your attendance at graduation practice is required in order for you to be prepared for
the graduation ceremony.
- You will choose you seat for graduation, including who you will sit with.
- We will practice walking in to our seats and we will run through the format for graduation, including name reading.
*This is an important day, please be of sound mind and body. Staff will work with students that show otherwise and will find the safest solution for the student. Family will be contacted and depending on the reason the student may or may not be able to walk at graduation.
This will be the 4th time that FHS Seniors will participate in the Grad Walk. New this year will be a "walk" through the main halls of FHS.
In full cap and gown, graduates will walk, two-by-two, through the halls of FHS, the elementary school they attended, and the middle school they attended. If they did not attend a FSD elementary school and/or middle school they may join a friend at his/her school(s).
The purpose of the Grad Walk is to honor our Seniors with the praise and recognition they have earned over the last 13+ years to reach this momentous day.
It is also an opportunity to show all our underclassmen, K-11, the goal that they are working towards everyday within their classrooms.
This also gives our elementary and middle school teachers and staff the opportunity to celebrate their former students.
- Grad Walk Schedule (times are approximate):
- 10:30am, Grad walk through FHS
- 11am, Grad Walk at elementary
- 11:20, Grad Walk through middle school
All graduates are asked to attend this event.
Decorating your cap? Graduation caps will be reviewed/approved between 10:30am and 10:50am in the staging lines (at Civic) by our campus safety staff.
It is appropriate to put the following on your cap:
- Thank a parent, grandparent, family member, teacher, friend
- Recognize the college, tech school, or apprenticeship attending next fall
- Graduation year
- Branch of the military
- Home country’s flag
- Decorations must be flat and on the mortar board only.
Nothing sticking up or hanging over the edge of the cap. (glitter and small rhinestones are okay – less than ¼” high)
- Words and symbols must be positive and appropriate for all (family friendly) and in accordance with the dress code policy by Ferndale School District.
The big day! Here are a few details for graduates and their families to help plan the day.
- Graduates in Civic stadium by 10:15
- Parking will be a challenge, especially by 10:15, get to Civic earlier than 10:15.
- When you get into Civic, find your counselor and pick-up your name card. Counselors will be located in the concourse under a poster with their assigned alphabet.
- Caps should be worn straight, with deep point behind, front point well down past the center of the forehead, tassel on the front right.
- Dress appropriately, this is a formal ceremony.
- Do not bring items to shoot, squirt, or throw at the end of the ceremony.
- Enjoy every minute of the day!
- Graduates in Civic stadium by 10:15
- Open seating at Civic, no tickets required
- Please park in a designated parking spot and be nice to the parking attendants. Parking is limited, carpool if you can.
- Graduates will recess to the South side of the field (Sportsplex Side). You may meet your graduate there after the ceremony.
- This is new to FHS graduation. In years past we have discovered that the main concourse does not provide families much room to celebrate with their graduate. This section of Civic is much more spacious and will present a better location to celebrate and take pictures.
To FHS Seniors and Parents/Guardians:
Sign up now to reserve a spot at the Grad Night Party 2019! It’s a drug and alcohol free, chaperoned, all-night celebration which will begin the evening of graduation day, Saturday, June 8th. This promises to be an exciting, memorable and SAFE way to celebrate our graduates’ accomplishments. Transportation will leave from FHS at approximately 5:00 pm on June 8th and return at approximately 5:00 am on June 9th.
The grad night is being organized by a parent committee; this is not an FHS sponsored event. The graduates will enjoy a boat cruise in Seattle and then spend the rest of the night at WWU Wade King Center. Activities include a hypnotist, casino games, photobooth, and full use of the rec center’s swimming pool, rock climbing wall, and athletic courts and facilities. Dinner, snacks and beverages will be provided throughout the night. We have other surprises in store, and everyone will take something home—as well as memories!
Cost: $40, by cash or check made payable to: FHS Class of 2019