To be eligible for kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year, a child must be five years of age on or before August 31, 2021.
Registering Your Child for School
To register your child for school, please complete our online registration process.
For students who have not previously enrolled in Ferndale School District you will need:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (your address), acceptable proof includes government issued documents, lease or rental agreement, utility bills
- Immunization records
If you are unable to complete the online registration, all forms to enroll your child in Ferndale Schools are provided below in PDF form.
- Student Housing Questionnaire
- Student Housing Questionnaire (Spanish)
- Student Housing Questionnaire (Russian)
- Student Health Inventory Form
- Student Technology Agreement Form (Elementary/Middle School)
Note: Additional immunization information is available at the Washington State Department of Health webpage
Please complete and return all forms to the school your child will attend. If you are not sure what school your child will attend, you may
- View the district’s boundary map or enter your address into the InfoFinder system here
- Call the district’s Transportation Department at 360-383-9236
Please complete a registration packet (located above). In addition, please complete the early learning survey and the kindergarten readiness survey below.
Be sure to sign up for our online meal program. Read more information about online payments on the Child Nutrition webpage
Elementary School Address Locations
- Beach Elementary, 3786 Centerview Rd., Lummi Island, (360) 383-9440
- Cascadia Elementary, 6175 Church Rd., (360) 383-2300
- Central Elementary, 5610 Second Ave., (360) 383-9600
- Custer Elementary, 7660 Custer School Rd., (360) 383-9500
- Eagleridge Elementary, 2651 Thornton Rd., (360) 383-9700
- Skyline Elementary, 2225 Thornton Rd., (360) 383-9450
Please call the Ferndale School District at 360-383-9200 with questions.
Kindergarten Readiness (Jumpstart) Survey
Ferndale Schools is offering a Jump Start Kindergarten program and your incoming Kindergartener could start school this September 2021 (tentative if community guidelines allow). See information about Jump Start by clicking this link.
If you have a child turning 5 years of age prior to August 31, 2021 and have NOT had any preschool experience, please contact Rachel Bowlden to get on the wait list for Jumpstart Kindergarten.
- Jump Start is a Kindergarten Readiness class
- Located at the North Bellingham Learning Center, corner of Smith and Northwest Roads
- Schedule: Five days per week, full school days
- Small class are taught by a qualified kindergarten teacher and one assistant.
- Bus transportation is provided
- To register, please visit North Bellingham Learning Center or call 360-383-9660.
If you have any questions, please call our Early Learning Coordinator, Rachel Bowlden at 360-383-9660. or Jennifer Hawkins, Admin Assistant-Registrar, 360-383-9289