Birth to 3 | Preschool | Kindergarten Ready
Children grow and develop at varying rates. The window of opportunity for growth and development is wide open during the early years from birth to five. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the wonders of childhood, and to address any concerns you may have. The Ferndale School District recognizes that these early years provide a unique opportunity to support families as their young children develop. We provide a variety of services to assist with this.
Click Here for: our Facebook Page
The Ferndale School District provides:
- Links to community agencies for birth to three year-old services.
- Childfind activities such as: screenings for developmental delays for children ages 3 to 5.
- A developmental preschool program for all qualifying children ages 3 to 5.
- Play & Learn, a weekly drop-in preschool opportunity
- Links to community preschool opportunities and resources.
- If your family is living in a temporary situation, you may contact the district where you are currently staying for a screening.
Three to Five Year-Old Children
Overview of the Developmental Preschool Program
The program provides a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children three through five years old that have significant developmental delays. Our program provides a rich, activity-based preschool learning environment in order to meet the individual needs of all the enrolled children, Children learn and practice skills in all areas through large and small group participation, activity centers, and child-directed play. The goal is to build upon the strengths and capabilities of our students. We believe that children are more alike than they are different and they learn a great deal form watching and interacting with one another.
- For children with mild speech delay who qualify for speech and language needs only, therapy sessions are located at the child’s neighborhood elementary school.
- Parents accompany children to the 30 minute sessions.
For questions and concerns regarding Three to Five Year-Olds:
Please call: Josie Komorowski, 383-9345; Josie.Komorowski@ferndalesd.org, Ferndale School District Early Learning Coordinator
To make a screening appointment: Rachel Bowlden, 383-9660; Rachel.Bowlden@ferndalesd.org, Ferndale School District Special Services Program Assistant
- The Infant Toddler Early Intervention Program (ITEIP) provides screenings, evaluations, and services for children from birth to age three in partnership with Ferndale School District.
- Family support is emphasized.
- If you have any developmental questions about a child in this age range, please contact Christi Louro at the Opportunity Council.
- SEAS, Single Entry Access System, 360-715-7485
- Angela Dennis, 360-380-6650 email@example.com Lummi Birth – Three Program