Public Records Requests
In accordance with the provisions of RCW Chapter 42.56 and Administrative Policy No. 4040, Ferndale School District makes available public record documents during the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, (excluding district and legal holidays set forth on the district calendar). However, during this time, by Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 20-28 that went into effect March 24, 2020, portions of the Public Records Act (PRA) have been temporarily suspended. A copy of the proclamation, along with the extension of the proclamation, is available for your viewing here.
Governor’s Proclamation 20-28.14
- School districts must still respond to PRA requests during the COVID-19 disease outbreak.
- The proclamation suspends PRA language requiring districts to provide the public with an option to conduct PRA business at an agency office, in-person, such as in-person inspection of records or in-person submission of PRA requests.
- The proclamation suspends the PRA requirement that district offices must be open for public inspection and copying of public records for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Districts must still have their hours posted on their websites.
- The proclamation suspends the PRA requirement that districts respond to PRA requests within five business days.
By adoption of School Board Resolution No. 6-2019, Ferndale School District finds that maintaining an index is unduly burdensome and would interfere with school district operations due to the complexity of the amount of records maintained by the district. The district maintains its records in a reasonably organized manner. The district takes reasonable actions to protect records from damage and disorganization.
- Making a Public Records Request
- Frequently Requested Public Records
- Policies, Procedures, and Exemptions
- Fees Associated with Records Requests
- Special Education Records (IEP/504)
- Transcripts/Diplomas/Graduation Verification