Athletic Eligibility Online Instructions
View instructions below.
Ferndale School District Eligibility Forms are now available for families to complete electronically online through Family Access for 7th – 12th Grade Participation in Extra Curricular Athletics and Activities ~ Any student wanting to participate in an activity or sport will need to complete the online athletic/activity packet for the 2019-20 school year to be eligible.
If your student plans on participating in a sport, they will need a current physical on file in the office and you may print a form and then scan and submit the physical form once completed online through this process. Ferndale High School athlete’s physicals as good for 13 months and Ferndale Middle School athlete’s physicals are good for 2 years.
You will need to sign into your Family Access account via the Ferndale School District Website – www.ferndalesd.org. and follow these instructions:
Ferndale High School believes participation in athletics improves physical fitness, coordination, self-discipline, and gives students valuable opportunities to learn important social and life skills.
With this in mind it is important that we do as much as possible to create and maintain an enjoyable and safe environment. As a parent/guardian or student you play a vital role in protecting participants and helping them get the best from sport.
Player and parental education in this area is crucial which is the reason for the Concussion Management and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness pamphlet you received. Refer to it regularly.
This form must be signed annually by the parent/guardian and student prior to participation in “Name of School / School District” athletics. If you have questions regarding any of the information provided in the pamphlet, please contact the athletic director at your school.
BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS IN THE ONLINE ELIGIBILITY FORMS, YOU HAVE AGREED THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED, READ AND UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THE CONCUSSION RECOGNITION AND SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST AWARENESS PAMPHLETS
Remember these important steps:
- Make sure you have hit the final Submit button on the Online Forms page of Family Access.
- Have your student sign into their Student Access account to electronically sign the one-page form in their account.
- Have your student check in with the ASB office to make sure they do not have any fines.
- Pay ASB and Annual Participation Fes prior to participating in any Sport or Activity.
- Check in with Athletic/Activity office to make sure student is passing all classes and that all paperwork is completed. Student will receive a clearance slip to give to their coach
- Contact your school’s office for any questions.