Covid-19 Guidelines & Rapid Testing
Symptomatic staff and students will be required to:
· stay home and
· When symptoms persist for at least 24 hours, be tested upon improvement of symptoms prior to returning to school as we have done in 21-22
· Isolation spaces will be available in each school in the event that a symptomatic student is on campus
We will continue to:
· test symptomatic students and staff as a term of returning
· engage in testing in the event of an outbreak
· enter all tests into SimpleReport
Masks will not be required for staff and students with the exception of
· Adhering to guidelines following COVID infection, and
· During an outbreak
Opportunity to Distance:
· All persons will have the opportunity to socially distance while participating in all functions of school.
· Staff will continue to use Google Docs forms to track positive COVID cases
· The district will continue to report to the WCHD rates and patterns of infection
· Individuals testing positive of becoming “presumed positive” will continue to follow WCHD protocols
· When indicated, we will respond to outbreaks using the current guidance of the WCHD
*Symptoms may include: fever of 100.4, headache, cough, body aches, shortness of breath, sore throat, congestion, diarrhea, loss of smell or taste
We are excited to announce that we have rapid Covid-19 testing available within each school building for those who become symptomatic or contact someone who has Covid-19 with the goal of keeping students in school.
We will be using BinaxNOW tests, which provide results in 15 minutes and are administered using a self-administered nasal swab. These antigen tests are highly accurate, detecting 97-98% of infected individuals. Individuals tested will receive results via text and/or email on the same day. All test results will be shared with the local health department as required for public health reporting.
If you are interested in joining this program please fill out the family permission form and register any interested individual using the individuals building's link below. Contact your building's office staff to help connect you with a testing administrator if a test is needed.
Registration Links for users:
Beach ES: https://simplereport.gov/register/TXJBY
Cascadia ES: https://simplereport.gov/register/XEFHM
Central ES: https://simplereport.gov/register/ZAMGB
Custer ES: https://simplereport.gov/register/TR9PK
Eagleridge ES: https://simplereport.gov/register/PYEYC
Skyline ES: https://simplereport.gov/register/Z4PWV
Horizon MS: https://simplereport.gov/register/Q64V2
Vista MS: https://simplereport.gov/register/VJGAF
North Bell: https://www.simplereport.gov/register/YKTY6
Distric Office: https://www.simplereport.gov/register/Q4HC3