Child Care Resources
Providing child care for those who serve our communities in health care, as first responders, and in other essential areas is of utmost importance and a high priority. We want to do as much as possible to ensure the critical systems of health care and safety can continue to respond to the needs of our community.
Child Care Aware COVID-19 Communications, Response and Referral Center tracks program closures and child care spots available on a daily basis. If you are looking for child care in Whatcom County and need assistance please call the Child Care Aware hotline at 1-888-446-1114 or visit their website to talk a Child Care Referral Specialist for direct referrals to local programs with vacancies.
Several child care centers and summer programs are available and have openings. Some summer options for school age children include: (If you are a community partner with summer programming and would like to be added to this list, please send us an email.)
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Whatcom County has limited summer camp opportunities for students entering grades 2-6.
Please visit their website at this link for more information or to register.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Whatcom County has fall programming options for children entering K - 6th grade. Program dates are Monday - Friday, September 8th - December 18th. Registration opens on August 21, 2020. Visit their website for more information.
- The Whatcom Family YMCA is providing limited in-person child care and day camp for students entering grades 1-5.
Please visit the Y’s website for more information or to register.
- YMCA B.A.S.E Before and After School Program 2021-2022 Click here for more information.
- Little Angels Daycare is open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please view the Little Angels Daycare flyer for more details.
- Camp Fire Samish Study & Play Studio is a nurturing space for Elementary and Middle School aged youth to do their virtual schooling while participating in socially distanced games, crafts, and activities. Please visit their website at this link for more information or to register.