Our community partners are providing assistance to families in need.
Continue to check back for more information.
The Other Bank is located in the Ferndale Community Resource Center. The Other Bank offers hygiene articles to families with children who qualify for free and reduced lunch in the Ferndale School District.
Open: Tuesday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Supplies offered: toilet paper, bar soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, sanitary pads and tampons, deodorants, razors, diapers.
Ferndale Food Bank
The Ferndale Food Bank serves low income seniors, neighbors, and those in crisis living in the Ferndale/Custer, WA area. Single individuals and families can visit once a week for as long as assistance is needed. Please visit their website for more information.
- Housing - the Opportunity Council 360.734.5121, call to schedule an appointment with a housing case manager.
- Food –
- Ferndale Food Bank. Open Mon/Wed/Sat, 9-11 am. 1671 Main Street. Extremely easy sign-up process.
- Miracle Food Network. Send a message to the Facebook page to sign up for delivery. https://www.facebook.com/MiracleFoodNetwork/
- Hygiene – The Other Bank (at the Ferndale resource center). https://ferndalecsc.org/programs/other-bank/ - Open Tuesdays, 10am-12pm. Phone 360.380.2200. Families can get hygiene supplies (TP, bar soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc) once/month. Must qualify for free/reduced lunch
- Generally –
- Ferndale Community Service Cooperative, 360.380.2200. Website: https://ferndalecsc.org/
- Catholic Community Services – 360.594.6466. Will coordinate/be clearinghouse for various supports. Website: ccsww.org
- Flood Resources - Whatcom Asset Building Coalition (whatcomabc.org)
- National Red Cross hotline, 1-800-733-2767. Make sure to specify you have been impacted by a flooding event that has been officially declared a flood disaster.
If you are a farm or farmer affected by the recent floods in Whatcom County, there are resources available to help.
If a farm needs flood emergency or recovery assistance, they should contact Whatcom Emergency Management at 360-676-6681. If the need cannot be addressed locally, it is passed up to State Emergency Operations Center which has staff from the state Department of Agriculture (WSDA). Locally, the federal USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) can be reached at 360-318-8121 or in person at:
Everson Service Center
914 Citadel Drive, Suite C
Everson WA 98247
This is located in Hinotes corner off East Pole Rd. FSA has three programs that might provide assistance to local farms depending upon their circumstances:
- ECP helps pay for fence replacement, cleaning debris off of fields, emergency loans.
- TAP help costs if plants (trees, berries) die from flooding. Pays cost-share on purchasing and replanting of new plants.
- ELAP helps with feed loss. Producers have to provide a way to document what they normally feed with the costs and how much was lost.
If you are a farm or farmer affected by the recent floods in Whatcom County – and you are a vendor with Seattle Neighborhood Farmers Markets, you are likely eligible to apply for somewhat immediate relief funds through their Good Farmer Fund: https://seattlefarmersmarkets.org/good-farmer-fund
FREE WASH AND DRY at Ferndale Laundry
Ferndale Businesses, if you have been affected by the flood with damages, you can bring your items down to the Ferndale Laundry and wash and dry them for FREE. Make sure to see the attendant prior. The Laundry will build you an account and will wash and dry your stuff FREE.
Please visit the Opportunity Council Housing Support webpage for more information:
- Whatcom County residents can make appointments at the beginning of the month. Residents who are income eligible and behind on rent can call and leave a message at (360) 734-5121 ext. 316.
- Whatcom residents can also apply online:
Community Resources During COVID-19
The Opportunity Council in Bellingham has put together an in-depth list of resources for families in need. This covers many areas from food to legal help. Please access the link below for more information.