School Registration Forms
Welcome to the student school registration page. Included for your use are required forms to enroll your child in Ferndale Schools. All forms are provided in PDF.
- Student Registration Form
- Student Housing Questionnaire
- Student Housing Questionnaire (Spanish)
- Student Health Inventory Form
- Student Technology Agreement Form
Note: Additional immunization information is available at the Washington State Department of Health webpage
Please complete and return all forms to the school your child will attend. If you are not sure what school your child will attend, you may
- view the district’s boundary map or enter your address into the InfoFinder system here
- call the district’s Transportation Department at 360-383-9236
Please complete a registration packet (located above). In addition, please complete the early learning survey and the kindergarten readiness survey below.
- Download Early Learning Survey (PDF)
Kindergarten Readiness (Jumpstart) Survey
To be eligible to register for kindergarten in the 2017-2018 school year, a child must be five years of age on or before August 31, 2017. In addition to the forms above, parents will need to
- verify their child’s birth date with a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or a hospital birth registration
- provide a record of the child’s immunizations, as required by state law (verified prior to the first day of school)
- provide proof of residence (i.e., water or power bill; rental or lease agreement), if parents do not currently have other children enrolled in the district
If you have any questions about kindergarten registration, please contact Mark Hall, Executive Director for Teaching and Learning at 360.383.9211.
SCHOOL TRANSFER FORMS
OUT OF DISTRICT: If you live outside of the Ferndale School District but want your child to attend our schools, a Choice Transfer form must be filled out and submitted to your resident school district for release of your child to attend school in a different district.
INTERNAL STUDENT TRANSFER: If you live in the Ferndale School District and want to attend one of our schools other than the school to which your child is assigned based on address, an Internal Student Transfer form must be filled out and submitted to the district office located at 6041 Vista Drive in Ferndale.
If you have questions about this process, please call Lisa Taylor at 360.383.9210.
- March 12, 2018: Internal and Out of District Choice Transfer requests for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted.
- May 4, 2018: First round deadline for submission of transfer requests.
- Week of June 4, 2018: Families who submitted an Internal Transfer Request will be notified of the status of their transfer request for the 2018-19 school year.
- Week of August 13, 2018: Families who submitted an Out of District Choice Transfer Request will be notified of the status of their transfer request for the 2018-19 school year.
Out of District Choice Transfer Form (PDF): (Full-time enrollment transfer from resident school district to non-resident school district. Transfers between Lummi Nation Schools and the Ferndale School District should use this form.)
Internal Transfer Form (PDF) : (Full time transfer between two schools within the Ferndale school district.)